Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

DHEA Androstenedione

wells_w
wells_w
United States
2002/04/25, 02:09 AM
Anybody have good results using these? Far as I can tell from the texts, they won't do anything for guys other than provide the starting materials for what will eventually become testosterone, the turnover of which is regulated by other processes. However, they are the only source of androgens for women. Any guys notice a difference with these?
mh1278
mh1278
United States
2002/04/25, 05:56 PM
Don't know if it's the same thing but I use Pinnacle Androstat150 poppers.
http://www10.netrition.com/pinnacle_androstat6_poppers_page.html

I've read many articles and will not be purchasing it any longer. It does not appear to have the scientific backing like other sups (such as glutamine and creatine). Also, there is a concern about messing with hormones or testosterone levels. I don't feel any different taking it either. It’s also money...I don’t feel the necessity to spend.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/25, 07:02 PM
Welcome to ft!

I have been taking the Animal Stak and have noticed a fair amount of strength increase and workout intensity. Have not experienced any of the common side effects of prohormones (gynecomastia, acne, premature balding, etc.) because this particular product comes with DHT blockers. If you're a woman (can't tell 'cause you didn't fill out your profile)considering this, be careful and do more research (if you haven't already).

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**
wells_w
wells_w
United States
2002/05/10, 02:35 PM
OK. So I did a little more research. Yes, DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is what will lead to some of the unwanted side effects of excess testosterone (prostatic hypertrophy, male pattern baldness, etc.) So, inhibiting the enzyme that converts T to DHT (5 alpha reductase) will result in more T available, and no DHT side effects. Excellent. More T for muscle growth. Additionally, androgens down regulate sex-steroid binding protein (whis is coincidentally up-regulated by estrogen). Sex steroid binding protein acts like a reservoir of T in the blood, so if less SSB is in the blood binding up the T, there's more active T available to growing muscle. That's good. Unfortunately, that additional T will feedback to the brain and reduce the levels of the endogenous hormone that regulates this normally, so normal testosterone production will grind to a halt. Not that that matters, because excess testosterone precursor (DHEA and androstenedione) will be taking it's place. Additionally, The testosterone will also be stimulating the sperm producing cells back into action, because they were shut down when the normal testosterone producing pathway shut down. Hmmmm. I guess the only part left to figure out is how much to take, because this is sounding better and better.