Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Muscletech ripped me off...

bumdart420
bumdart420
United States
2002/02/24, 09:13 PM
I apologize for bringing in a negative review about a particular product, but I feel I really was scammed by Muscletech. I've only started using supplements approx. 8 months ago although I've been training for longer than that. I've always been apprehensive about the claims companies made regarding their products. I purchased a 4 pound tub of both Cell Tech and Nitro Tech. When I got home and opened the Cell Tech I found the tub was only about 1/3 full and because I've never used creatine before I had no idea what a 4 pound tub would contain visually. Months later, I thought about buying another tub and when I pulled Cell Tech off the shelf I nearly dropped it! It was filled to the brim! Clearly , the tub I purchased the first time wasn't filled properly. When I phoned Muscletech to explain what happened the woman that worked there told me that air must have escaped the container and the contents settled. Well,obviously this woman didn't know that creatine should be in an air tight container otherwise it solidifies into a hard rocks!! Some knowledgable support staff! After talking with other "support staff" who did know a bit more than this woman about Muscletech products, they told me they made a mistake in the packaging and that I deserved a new 4 pound tub, they only needed permission from the manager to do so. That was 2 month ago and several phone calls later, I still haven't recieved anything. (Not even a phone call.)!!! Clearly, Muscletech has enough money to spend on its flashy ads than to do the right thing and give me, ( a hard working Joe, who got ripped), my money back! Muscle Tech sucks. Whew! Thanks for getting that off my chest!!! Beware MuscleTech and their ads that clearly push the envelope in product claims.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/02/24, 10:00 PM
Welcome to ft! Sorry to hear about your experience. Have you tried to explain the situation to the place you actually purchased the product from? Or did you purchase directly from Muscletech? I buy my supply online and so far (knock on wood), I haven't experienced this problem. And even if I did, I'm sure I would get a replacement tub without any problems.

--------------
**_Robert_**
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/02/24, 11:18 PM
I am using Nitro tech and when I bought my tub, it was only half full as well, but I looked at how many servings I should get from the tub, I counted and I did receive my full serving amount. Just a thought. I have also been given two tubs from someone that went on ship and didn't want to lug them with and they were only half full as well. Check to see if you are getting your full servings worth. Hope everthing works out well for you.
bumdart420
bumdart420
United States
2002/02/25, 03:08 PM
Yes, I checked how many servings I was supposed to get from Cell TEch and I only managed to get 1/4 of the label claims and I didn't even do the loading phase!!! My father has brought me up in the bodybuilding world, (via, books and meeting bodybuilders like Larry Scott and Robbie Robinson) and I have seen companies like MuscleTech come and go in the last 20 years. It's all clever marketing over substance and my experience with MuscleTech has proven this to me. They sent me a "defective" tub and then they gave me the run around once my money landed in their pockets. As a note to your readers, I have gained 48 pounds in the last 9 months, WITHOUT any supplements. This is not a misprint! I started with 155 pounds, (I was into endurance sports back then), last March at a height of 6'2" and now I'm 202 pounds, (bodyfat at 17%) all done by eating, eating, and eating some more, plus heavy, intense training. I was fortunate enough to have a teacher, (dad), show me that muscles don't come from a magic tub, (I should'nt have ignored this lesson in the first place). Good luck to everyone else and I hope you don't have to learn the expensive lesson I learned over scam companies like MuscleTech. Peace out!