Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Protein shake

bicep
bicep
Canada
2001/07/18, 09:29 PM
does anyone use soy proteins ?

I can only have 1-2 shakes a day and recently stopped since it gets me very bulky and the stomach fels like it`s gonna explode...... a friend told me that he uses soy proteins because he used to have the same problem... and after using the soy it stoped.....

I was wandering how you guys can have 2-3 shakes a day ?
merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/07/19, 06:10 PM
My shakes only have 8 ounces of liquid and two scoops of powder. I feel fine. Guess it depends on what it is.
badcav
badcav
United States
2001/08/13, 09:30 AM
Beware... although soy has the same protein by weight as beef, it has a low biological utilization factor. In otherwords... your body doesn't absorb it as well. If milk based proteins like casinate and whey are taking a toll on you (lactose intolerance basically), try egg protein. It has a higher biological utilization factor.
Unfortunately for most... milk based proteins have the most bang for the buck.
You may wanna try some of American Bodybuilding's White Lightening. I find it rather tastey (though it has a slightly chalky aftertaste), and it doesn't kill my stomach. It packs 40g of protein and 38g of carbs into 22oz of drink. The bananna/pineapple and the fruit punch flavors are quite nice.

-Jim
*been researching protein supps!*