Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

supplements

keith
keith
United States
2001/05/12, 02:59 AM
I have a question about supplements. Since I am one of the oldes members (age wise) and my metabolizim is very slow along with low testosterone, what supplements should I take? The only thing I'm taking now is protien. I am still trying to lose weight without losing muscle. I know creatine and glutamine is important but when I add these I gain fat. Any suggestions will be welcome.
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/05/12, 08:24 PM
Creatine and glutamine don't add fat but increase intracellular water(water in the cell) so that your muscles are actually bigger due to this water increase. As a member of the older set here I use both of these to help with muscular development. Creatine help with the production of ATP which is the power(energy) source of the cell. Glutamine helps with immune system responses and in theory helps to prevent catabolism(tissue breakdown).kj The fat gain I don't know if that is a measured or perceived(looking in the mirror). Most exercise plans that I have seen reccomend these to keep muscle size while in various cycles of training. Endurance atheletes are the only ones due to extra water that adds weight(5-10#) that these supplements are contraindicated. Glutamine also helps to restore testosterone levels in the older generation that has age-related decreased levels
archan
archan
India
2001/05/13, 02:03 AM
Gaining muscle and losing fat is the most difficult and slow process.I advice u to do 20-30 minutes cardio before your workout to keep your metabolism up.Try to take calories from protein and not fats and carbs.Take a few bananas before your workout.Do not do to much heave exercise but instead try to keep good amount of repitations.Do not take creatine or glutamine as these will add mass.I can't suggest fat loss supp. b'cos u may lose mass then.Instead if u have a good body already just concentrate on vigorous exercise and good diet.

CAN I HAVE YOUR E-MAIL ID PLEASEEEEE?YOU MIGHT BE KNOWING ONE OF MY FRIENDS NAMED UTTIYA?
Here's mine : archan_ghosh@rediffmail.com
keith
keith
United States
2001/05/12, 10:29 PM
Thanks skylar for the info. Maybe what I was seeing was the water you were talking about because when I took them it seemed like my muscle got very smooth and puffy. Do you take these all the time or do you take a break once in a while?
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/05/12, 11:25 PM
I cycle the creatine 1 wk off every 8-9 wks on. The glutamine I take continuously. There's controversy around the creatine cycling since not a lot of studies have been done yet long-term. I do it anyway.
Uttiya
Uttiya
India
2001/05/14, 02:08 AM
I really dont think creatine and glutamine add fat.
I dont know about weight loss supps. but I know if you train hard, asin higher reps and weights, you do lose a lot of fat.