Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

BCAAs again!

skeld2001
skeld2001
United States
2001/04/17, 08:33 PM
Some time back one of you guys said that a clerk at GNC had told you that supplementation with BCAAs was a waste of time and money because they were in the protein powders and you didn't need to take extra. I said I'd check it out. Here is what I've found. They are a group that has 3 essential aminos among others. Lucine,isolucine, and valine are the essential aminos. If you don't have a ready supply of BCAAs the process of protein synthesis doesn't run as smoothly as it can, meaning you don't build and repair muscle as quickly or efficently. Supplementation may help boost the muscle building/repair processes. They appear to preserve muscle tissue. They may also enhance preformance by preventing muscle breakdown that happens with endurance training.
skeld2001
skeld2001
United States
2001/04/17, 08:49 PM
Ever wonder why in the stores some bottles are labled, say, L-carnitine, or just carnitine, L-glutimine, or just glutimine, or d-glutimine or d-carnitine and so on ect. Here's the scoop on that. Aminos have three sources, let me know if I'm getting this right now. I'll use carnitine to explain. The body makes carnitine in the liver. Called carnitine. There are also natural sources found uotside the body. Called L-carnitine. Then there are synthetic sources manmade. Called d-carnitine. L and d sources are mirror images of the one produced in the body. D sources often don't work though so steer clear of them. If a bottle says simply Carnitine it's generally safe to assume its a source naturally occuring in plant or animal sources stick with that.