Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Lower back pain ?

mavericc77
mavericc77
United States
2002/07/30, 12:16 AM
Hello everyone,
I first want to say hi and thank everyone who contributes to this site. Hello and thank you. Thanks for all the great help and advice. I have recently been doing the Home Training and ab program. I noticed during the Chair/Chin my lower back started to hurt so I just cut this portion out and everything was fine. However, started the ab program and noticed during the leg lifts my lower back really started hurting pretty bad needless to say I quit quickly doing those. I remember a few years ago I could do these with no problem. I have read older posts and most say see a doctor and work on the ab first. I was just wondering if this is what I should do and if you recommend me going to the doctor? In addition, whats the best way to build the lower back stronger? Thanks so much.
Dan
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/07/30, 01:50 AM
Any kind of pain should be looked at by a doctor, but also make sure that you are using good form. Ab work can put a lot of strain on the back if you do your exercises improperly.

--------------
Lisa
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/07/31, 06:39 PM
Hi Dan, When doing leg lifts you can take the strain off your lower back by placing your hands flat on the floor under your lower back. this helps a lot of people. Good mornings is a good exercise to strengthen your back but if the pain persist seeing a doctor is a good idea you must take care of your back. Good luck

--------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.