Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

New member with some questions

Shelly21
Shelly21
Canada
2002/07/24, 11:23 PM
S'up people?

Just found this site on a search engine and looked pretty good. Hopelly I will loose some weight and go back to my original 120lbs. Currently now 140lbs. :( Also like to be toned, my stomach and my theighs and arm.
Any anyone give me helpful tips?

Also what's the best time NOT to eat any sort of food? And if you do snack, what are the best snacks to eat?

I have this bad habbit of munching on snacks, it started from 1st yr of college craming for exams.

Thank you everyone.

fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/07/25, 12:35 AM
best time NOT to eat?.. well i'm pretty bad at the whole diet thing.. but I would think you want to eat all the time to help avoid losing muscle.. just cut back on carbs or whatever as it gets closer to whenever your going to sleep... and I wouldn't think there are any 'best' snacks to eat.. if there are I haven't seen any yet (if anyone finds any though lemme know)... I mostly pick up the box/bag and read the label.. usually they have a lot of fat/carbs/sugar... so I try to avoid them if at all possible... in college I sometimes do that too.. just don't go out and buy any.. and when you sit down for dinner eat a lot.. i mean a lot of stuff (lean meats.. etc.. look in the nutrition forum).. so that you will either not get hungry until your next meal.. or you'll have something thats at least somewhat good for you left over to nuke for later...

Your trying to lose weight and I said to eat a lot.. losing weight doesn't mean you have to just totally cut from whatever # of calories your taking in now to whatever ft suggests... you can 'slowly' cycle yourself down to the ft #'s... maybe every other day eat 50 less claories then you did the day before... track what you eat for a few days and add up the #'s... average that out.. then start lowering that until you hit the ft #'s... thats sort of what I did for a while.. but I did it a bit differently since I wanted to gain weight...
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/07/25, 03:26 AM
Welcome Shelley. You should never avoid eating, but fireloard is right when he says to cut back on carbs before bed. I would suggest not to eat carbs at least three hours before bedtime, but protein is good before you go to bed. Have you signed up for a program here yet? They are great. hope you meet your goals and take a look at all the questions already asked and they will definitely help you out.

--------------
Lisa
soxythang
soxythang
United States
2002/07/25, 08:26 PM
Hey Shelly, Glad you made it hear. It's funny, but I found this web site too on a search engine. I am very glad that I have, after all that I have been learning here. I too am also trying to get to 120 from 140. This last 20 is a killer. Actually i am at 138. Anyway, good luck to you, and keep me posted on your progress. Maybe we can keep eachother going to get that last little bit off.

--------------
You have the power to control your own destiny. Take advantage of it, because you cannot turn back time.
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/07/25, 10:32 PM
Funny, I was at 140 and trying to get to 120 when I first joined. Somebody cue the Twilight Zone music.
Mathiau
Mathiau
Costa Rica
2002/07/26, 09:22 AM
..............u have now entered............. the twilight zone................

:)

creepy!

well, i am 198lbs trying to get to like 220lbs? anyone else? maye this thread has some kind of magnetic karma to it...lol

<--- needs some sleep i think :)

--------------
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯The trouble with life is there’s no background music¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯Some people are alive only because it’s illegal to kill them¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯God must love stupid people, he made so many of them¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯Life ain't short, your just dead for too frick'n dam long!`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸They know what is what, but they don't know what is what, they just strut,WTF!¸.·´¯)