Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

weak abdominals

samtherock
samtherock
India
2002/07/06, 12:46 PM
hi there,
this is samuel from India. I am working out from previous one year, every of my bodypart is growing but I am lacking abdominal growth. Please advice me, so that i could do at home also.
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/07/06, 02:38 PM
Maybe their covered up by fat.. what does your body fat % look like right now.. could be that you just need to diet off a bit of it and then whatever is under there will show.. if not then you could try tons of various exercises (like the ft 12 week ab program).. I just posted some various ab stuff in another forum too so maybe you could check that out.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/07/08, 02:26 PM
Not really sure if you are looking for more mass or tone the area? If more mass, you need to do weighted ab exercises. To tone the area, you'll need to diet, do some cardio and ab exercises without weights.

Hope this answers your question.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
raj31675
raj31675
India
2002/07/08, 02:35 PM
Hi, I am Rajesh from India, Bangalore and am been gyming for the past 9 months continuously now. I was a smoker and drinker but have since stopped. I increased as much as 24 kg since and have put on quite a bit of muscle also but one problem is the fat in the stomach which seems to love my so much it wont leave me. I do approximately 15 minutes a day for abs alone. I do free exercises for it as recommended by muscle-fitness, etc but I see only a meagre improvement there.Also does doing abs exercise daily harmful?
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/07/08, 02:56 PM
Abs are just like any other muscle group...you should not train them everyday. As far as the fat, you can't spot reduce. Your abs ARE underneath that layer of fat. In order for them to show, you'll need to modify your diet and do cardio exercises. There's no way around this I'm afraid...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!