Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

hello from Atlanta

tah1971
tah1971
United States
2002/06/13, 04:18 PM
Hi,
I just joined today and am still trying to get used to this. I am 5'6" 130 lbs and want to tone up my stomach, arms, inner things and waist. I guess the main problem I have is not knowing what to eat. I also workout at home using only dumbbells, a medicine ball and a stability ball. If anyone has any suggestions or comments, please feel free to share.
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/06/13, 04:21 PM
Welcome. Check out the toning program FT offers and target the areas that you are most interested in seeing deficiencies met. There is a very nice nutritional tracker here too that will help you meet your caloric goals. The diet we can help you with and your other questions as well, just try and come up with specific ones for us. Also, fill out your profile so that we can better help you.

Good luck.

--------------
Ischjli
"Seven days without exercise makes one weak."
tah1971
tah1971
United States
2002/06/13, 04:32 PM

Thanks!! I just got finished with my profile. My problems is that I joined the fitness program and its starts Monday but a lot of the exercises that I printed out that you do, I don't have the equipment for. Can other things be used in place of that equipment? I don't have a barbell. Some of the exercises are for machines and I workout at home with only dummbells, medicine ball, ankle weights and a stability ball. Any suggestions?
============
Quoting from ischjli:

Welcome. Check out the toning program FT offers and target the areas that you are most interested in seeing deficiencies met. There is a very nice nutritional tracker here too that will help you meet your caloric goals. The diet we can help you with and your other questions as well, just try and come up with specific ones for us. Also, fill out your profile so that we can better help you.

Good luck.

=============
qualters
qualters
United States
2002/06/13, 04:34 PM
Hows the ATL? Welcome to ft, and Good Luck with your program, I am positive you will see results, The people here at ft got GAME...LOL

--------------
BQ
AMERICAN MADE
tah1971
tah1971
United States
2002/06/13, 04:43 PM
Thanks qualters... Atlanta is great but hot, hot, hot!!! Thanks for the inspiration. I hope I do good at this.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/06/13, 05:38 PM
You can substitute the machine exercises with free weights. In the future, you'll need to update your personal profile by choosing free weights only. For a list of exercises by muscle group, go to the main menu, ft Exercise Resources, then Muscle Targeting. Choose the appropriate muscle group and there you go...

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
tah1971
tah1971
United States
2002/06/13, 06:29 PM
I did choose free weights only. I'm on the weight loss, tone, definition program and I printed out my exercise schedule for next week and the exercises I wasn't familiar with, I printed them out and some are using machinery. I don't know. I'll figure something out. Thanks for your help.
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/06/14, 07:40 PM
Hi tah! My parents are currently living in Duluth, I'm going to visit them next weekend. If you look under FT Resources - Muscle Targeting, maybe you can find some substitute exercises. It's kind of nice having a bar though. Why not join a gym? I once went to a gym with my Dad when I was in Duluth before, it was very nice and very cheap (at least compared to Chicago prices).