Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Workout Equipment

skinnyguy
skinnyguy
United States
2002/05/04, 12:06 PM
Hi this is my first week on the program and I noticed that many of the exercises I am suppose to do utilize equipment that I don't have access to. I am also on a different daily workout schedule right now (chest+bicep+forearm+ab, back+traps, full legs, shoulders+tris+abs). Should I quit my schedule for a week and start with this one? Wouldnt I lose a week of gains?
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/04, 12:42 PM
You can goto the muscle targeting section and replace the exercises that require machines with some that would work well with freeweights.. You can take a week off to let your body recover and you shouldn't really lose anything if much over a week.. but usually people only do that after going through an intense program.. I take a week off once every 8 to 10 weeks.. sometimes 12..
bigbike
bigbike
United States
2002/05/12, 11:47 AM
Go into the my training area and switch to either free weights (no machines) or to the no weights (at home) work out.
engprof
engprof
United States
2002/05/15, 11:48 AM
I'm like you ... a skinny guy trying to put on muscle (when I started I was 5'10", 130 lbs). And, like you, I don't have access to a lot of wieghts or machines. Whenever my ex. program calls for me to do something I can't (such as a crossover pulldown), I've looked to see what muscle each exercise on my program targets and then find a similar exercise that targets the same muscle. Just look under "exercise resources" on the menu up top, then under "muscle targeting". Individual exercises are on page three of each muscle's page.
Doing this helped me keep up with the program and let me pick exercises I enjoy doing. I'm only 10 weeks into the program and I'm really impressed with the amount of muscle gain and definition I have gotten. Just be a little creative with your workout and go for it!
skinnyguy
skinnyguy
United States
2002/05/15, 12:00 PM
Thanks engprof and good luck.

--------------
Vaya con Dios... Keith