Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

2nd week weaker.. Normal ?

TiredRob
TiredRob
United Kingdom
2002/04/15, 06:27 AM
Hi,

Just did my first days workout of 2nd week wieght gain program (back/shoulders/biceps).

What with last week being my first, I found that over the course of the week I managed to exhaust just about all areas of my body as I did the various excersises from arms/chest/legs etc. That's fine though, it seems to work well in as much as I felt I was just about ready to do arms again today as they came up on todays routine - If you'd asked me to perform repeat excersises after say, 2 days rest then I'd have just collapsed in a snotty heap! The weeks rest between muscle groups is definately a sound idea! ;)

Anyway, what I found when I actually did todays workout though, is that I think I struggled even more than I did last week on some of the excersises. I just wondered if this is normal for somebody just starting out.

I assume that although I felt just about recovered, my muscles are still actually just finishing the recovery process from last weeks bashing (not being used to being asked to perform like this). Does that sound like a fair guess, or is it just me who seems weaker after the first week than before I started ?

I can see now that this aint gonna be easy is it ? hehe.

All the best, and thanks for any replies

Rob.
jamesz
jamesz
United States
2002/04/15, 09:13 AM
Yes, very normal. Your muscles just aren't used to being worked in this manner (doesn't matter if you dig ditches everyday at your normal job) I experienced the same thing with my charts. But now I'm seeing some progressive gains, and I'm on the Tone program. Continue to work, and follow the plan for your goals and you too will see the results.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/15, 10:17 AM
Absolutely normal! As James pointed out, your muscles are just getting used to the punishment. After a couple more weeks, you should actually be able to lift heavier weights as your body would have adapted.

It pays to lift hard so continue with your program. Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**