Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

I want to dunk.

k1mbear
k1mbear
United States
2002/03/27, 01:54 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm so glad to see soo many people who are motivated to get in shape, reach new goals, and to look good and feel good about themselves. Well, one of my all time fitness goals is being able to slam dunk. Especially for my height and weight (5'9" and 187lbs), I think it be a tremendous accomplishment (especially since I don't see many other short people being able to do so). One of the reason why I chose this as a goal, was becasue in order to get there I knew I had to develop the explosiveness in training, be physically fit, and it would just look awesome. I've seen powerlifters able to slam dunk, but I was wondering what I can do since I'm not necessarily into powerlifting alone, but more towards bodybuilding.

What I've basically done is do the typical explosive compound movements such as deadlifts, squats, clean and jerks, and also do heavy amounts on calves to make them burn. I've also done some plyometric exercises to help. I was wondering what else I can do to reach this. Basically at this point I've been inching my way up there. I currently can grab the rim, and in order to dunk I know I have to gain several more inches (like 10" to 12").

I'm glad to have join and be a part of this community.

----------------------------
Peter

Philippians 4:13
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/03/27, 02:26 PM
Glad to have you on board, Peter...welcome to ft!

Please use your search function. There was another post on this same subject.

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**