Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

I need your opinion

dmvwh8kq4j
dmvwh8kq4j
United States
2002/03/03, 12:54 PM
I have just completed week 8 of the 12 week mass building program. After every 4 weeks I have been measuring and doing a body fat check. After this second measurement the improvements have been very modest if not outright disappointing. (4 in. total loss, and 1.2% BF) I have been following the program exactly, increasing my weights on a regular basis and working to failure. I have been watching my diet and eating clean with high protein the entire time. (Well, I'm human I've cheated a couple of times, but nothing really bad.) I also drink close to a gallon of water a day and have been taking Hydroxycut. I'm trying to anticipate all of your questions.

My question is this, I injured my knee shortly after starting on the program and ft reduced my leg workout to strictly calf work. Could it be that I'm not seeing improvements because all of those large muscle groups on the bottom half are being neglected? I've had to stop running (for awhile) but have been using an eliptical trainer for my cardio. Am I just being impatient and I'm going to see magic in the last 4 weeks? Sorry to be so long-winded, but I'm trying to cover all bases.

Thanks for any advice y'all can give me.

Nancy
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/03/03, 07:26 PM
If you have been doing the same intensity for the same amount of time, your body could be used to it and needs a jump start to something else. Also if you have lost a lot of weight and don't have much to go it could take longer to drop those extra few pounds. Don't give up, your body will react again. Stick to the program and you are sure to see results. I go through little stages at where I will lose a good amount of weight and peak out, but don't give up.

--------------
Lisa
dmvwh8kq4j
dmvwh8kq4j
United States
2002/03/03, 07:56 PM
I just noticed this question is listed under the wrong topic heading. Once launched however, there is no retrieving them. Sorry y'all. I'll do better next time.

N.
festus1113
festus1113
United States
2002/03/04, 01:16 AM
Hello Nancy. Normally when you go through a mass building phase you can expect to not lose as much body fat. Most people actually gain body fat during the mass gain phase and then go on a different diet and exercise routine with more cardio work to shed the excess fat gained during mass building. If you want to see quicker results on fat loss you may want to try the toning/weight loss program here at ft as it is geared more to fat loss. Hope this helps some.

--------------
Stan