Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Hair prob

vicky_p
vicky_p
India
2003/01/03, 05:40 AM
I'm 21 yrs of age.I've been doing workouts since 2 months,before that i used to wash my hair(with PANTENE ANTI-DANDRUFF SHAMPOO) only thrice a week,but now due to 'workout sweat',i wash my hair daily cos my skin is very oily and i sweat a lot due to excess body heat.I don't use a 'Hair drier',to dry my hair,instead i use a 'turkish' towel to scrub my hair till it dries.I've straight silky hair texture.
My query is,Is it safe to scrub your hair with a towel everyday for drying?because i feel that, as my hair r silky straight, there r very bright chances of 'Fast Hair fall'.Any ADVICE?
skinnyrobin
skinnyrobin
Germany
2003/01/06, 05:48 AM
i've never used a hair drier in my life...i also scrub it dry with my towel. í haven't had any hair loss yet, but then again i only wash my hair 3 times a week. i dougt you'll have hairloss but all the same maybe to be sure you should consult an expert or check out more on the topic on a good site...
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/01/06, 01:55 PM
As a professional Cosmetologist I never recommend that anyone ever scrub their hair dry. Rubbing the hair strand to dry the hair will cause it to break off. The friction of the towel causes this. You need to let it dry naturally if you not using a hair dryer. Also another thought if you are taking in large amounts of protein then this will naturally cause the hair to dry out. To much protein is bad for your hair. Add a good deep conditioner after you shampoo. One with moisture replacement to help balance the protien you are taking in. I had this problem when I first started training. I thought I was going bald. Now with a good moisturizer and no blow drying, I have no more hair loss.
erirvine
erirvine
United Kingdom
2003/01/14, 06:54 AM
Try my solution. I had shoulder length hair and though still good quality it was suffering from training and showering ever day and taking an increasing amount of time and money to maintain. So 10 days ago I got my self a grad one all over – all the hair is in exceptional condition there is just not as much as there use to be! Sorry not much use is it :o)