Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

HELP ME..........

Craigboo
Craigboo
United Kingdom
2001/02/27, 07:25 PM
IM 17 YEARS OLD AND HAVE ONLY BEEN WORKING OUT TO A MINOR EXTENT.... UNTILL RECENTLY. I WANNA KNOW WHERE TO START AND WANNA KNOW IF FREE WEIGHTS WILL STUNT MY GROWTH BECAUSE IM NOT THE TALLEST BLOKE IN THE WORLD. 5ft 5. Advice would b much appreciated

Craig
tt_rocker
tt_rocker
Saudi Arabia
2001/02/28, 06:14 AM

since your only 17 you've got a long way ahead...
you'll 4 sure get taller don't worry about that..
despite the old myth that weights stunt growth, a lot of scientific studies have shown that to be a false statement. Just imagine how tall those NBA and NFL players whould be had they not participated in all those weight training sessions throught there high school years...get the drift...everybody started as a beginer and had their hard times...what you want to do is surf the internet for info..their's plenty of it. For now, you can begin with free-hand exercises like pushups, crunches, chins, pullups, rowing between benches, dips between chairs, calf raises and sissy squats that all require no weight...do these for about 2-3 months...then go 4 the fundamental exercises like the barbell banch for the pectorals, barbell curls for the biceps, lying tricep extensions for the tricep muscles, and leg presses for the thighs...delay the squats for later. Also work your abs on every training session which could be 3 days a week (preferbaly). Military press for the shoulders, and calf raises (either seated or standing) it would literaly take my hours to explain all this in more detail. Feel free to ask any Q's if any (t_rocker@hotmail.com).
keep pumpin'
Craigboo
Craigboo
United Kingdom
2001/03/01, 02:35 PM
thanx thats reasured me. ill carry on
Uttiya
Uttiya
India
2001/05/05, 12:58 PM
Ive seen people bet really good results on height with yoga ang stretching.

bye --- uttiya
siggie
siggie
Belgium
2001/06/05, 02:38 PM
I think that as long that you don't use too much weight, it is alright. But you have to be carefull with that because when you want to grow, you will have to make sure that all of your food will go to the growth of your body and not the growth of your muscles. But as long as you don't exagerate, it is all allright. And you are already 17 so that's a good age to start, keep in mind the earlier you begin to bigger you can get.