Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1535, Messages: 27035

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hey all

9385prwcbh
9385prwcbh
United States
2021/04/24, 07:12 PM
Sam here, I'm new.
SassyPengu
SassyPengu
United States
2021/04/27, 02:51 AM
Hi Sam, I'm PJ. I'm new too. So mind if I ask: What are you starting out with? Have you had any issues getting motivated? Need a friendly ear? I'm stoked about getting started back in the gym! I spent the last 6 weeks focusing on just my diet, trying to make it habit as that, as I've been told, is the best way to get into overall healthy living and fitness. I started at the gym two days ago and I feel fantastic...a bit sore but that is a welcomed and long lost feeling! I hope you stick to whatever has inspired you to get in shape/lose weight/get fit/get healthy, and I wish you nothing but the best! Hope you are doing well and aren't lacking in the motivational arena! Best of luck to you in whatever you are aiming for!!
9385prwcbh
9385prwcbh
United States
2021/04/27, 05:28 AM
Hey PJ! Thanks for the supportive post, I really appreciate it. I'm starting out with taining my core 2 days a week, then one day each on my upper and lower muscle groups, I also am learning to inline skate, got inspired by some guys I saw in videos on YouTube, doing it, looked fun so I got myself some skates. A couple of weeks ago I was diagnosed pre-diabetic and my doctor told me that it's reversable, and that if I change my diet and exercise, which I used to do years ago (I loved it then) it can be cured. I also have high blood pressure so I really need to do something....I'm not that old so I can't let myself get sick. So I just jumped in on doing what's best for me, changing my body to help it fight off this crap! I've lost 13lbs so far, going into the gym today too. Making working out and eating better is something anyone can make a habit, you're right on the nail there, I like that, thanks! So, my motivation has been to not just look better, but stay healthy longer, no problem there lol. I wish you the best on your journey to a better you as well.....YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :)