Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1535, Messages: 27035

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

I'm new, any tips are welcome

Jade14
Jade14
United States
2019/08/13, 05:23 PM
Hey, my name is Jade. I'm new to this site and fairly new to working out. Any tips are welcome and greatly appreciated. At school I was in a weight training class and that helped a lot but over the summer I want to continue to workout, especially since I'm not taking the weight training class this year. So just looking for any tips/advice that anyone can give me. Feel free to message me or reply to this post, either one works for me. Thanks ☺
c_e_UofU
c_e_UofU
United States
2019/08/27, 05:01 PM
Hey Jade!

I'm also new. My name is Carter. I'm here for some advice on advanced stuff as I too got started out with school fitness classes. 

Biggest two tips I can give you are: 
1. Establish goals and plans to meet those goals.
2. When you're working out you'll see better results by staying focused. I can't believe how many people do a rep, take a 3 minute phone break then repeat that cycle for an hour. Dedicate yourself for 45+ minutes at a time with minimal distractions and you'll be able to do whatever you're setting out to do!