Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

I need a plan!

twphilli
twphilli
United States
2018/12/28, 03:51 PM
Hi!  I'm a former athlete with a dad bod.  It's been about 6 years since I worked out, no coincidence my oldest child is 5.5 yrs old (my other child is 14 months)!  I plan to workout at my house and I've built a small but very useful gym, including an eliptical machine, a Smith Machine, dumbbells, punching bag, and a floor that is completely covered by gym-quality mats.  My issue is that I don't know where to begin.  I also work from home, and can dedicate anywhere from 30-60 minutes each day to work out.

I'm 5'6", about 150lbs.  My goals are to have endurance to keep up with my kids as well as have enough energy to get through a full workday.  I would also like to build muscle.  I'm starting from ground zero, I've been eating terribly (lots of fast food and ice cream over the past 6 years).  I don't want to change my diet too much, but I do want to get that endurance back.  I'm a former wrestler and I'm familiar with regular weight lifting programs (3 sets of 8-12 reps), but having done that for 15 years I am bored with this routine.  The more entertained I am by a plan the more likely I am to stick to it.

I should note I also have the ability to download an app to an Amazon FireStick to watch the program while exercising, so any thoughts tailored to my needs is greatly appreciated.  Willing to trade tax advice for such a program!