Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Healthy

OutRunningErins
OutRunningErins
United States
2018/12/27, 10:47 PM
My name is Erin. I work as a dental assistant so I on my feet for 9 hours a day either fast walking up and down the hallway or standing. As much as I am always on my feet, I would love to get healthy again. My excuse is that I'm so tired from work that I just want to go to bed. We recently got a puppy, a pitbull/golden retriever mix. She has so much energy. We go for walks, but I feel like I can't keep up with her, and I slow her down. She wants to run, and I can barely make it up our hill without being out of breath (the hill is not that steep). I want to get healthy for my puppy. A big roadblock of mine is I have depression and it gets me down a lot and I don't want to do anything. But since my puppy has been getting me outside and I started seeing my doctor, things have gotten a bit better. I'm hoping that exercise and proper diet will help me as well. I want to be more in shape and stronger. I have a tough time lifting boxes and such. I do have neck issues (from scoliosis and my jobs doesn't help), and strengthening my neck and back muscles would only help as long as I know my limits and don't over do it.
I'm a procrastinator. I say I will start exercising or I can eat this cookie it'll be okay, but I need a life style change since I am not happy the way I am now. It's no longer a choice, it's mandatory.
Thank you for reading, and I hope this kicks my butt into gear. I can't wait to start and need to keep my head up.