Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

5ft 1in, 185lbs

Nyoke
Nyoke
United States
2017/09/13, 10:33 PM
What tips can you all give me far as losing weight. I was on birth control for a while and now the weight won't go away. I wanna get to at least 140 or 150. Please please help!
2017/09/14, 08:23 AM
Hey Nyoke! What's your current weight? How's your diet? Do you exercise and how often?
Nyoke
Nyoke
United States
2017/09/14, 08:29 AM
My current weight is 185. , my diet is not the bedt, trying to be healthy is bit expensive right now, and I was. I got off track.
2017/09/14, 08:34 AM
What type of diet are you on, meaning are you a meat eater, vegetarian, vegan? Being healthy is not an expense, until being unhealthy affects your medical costs... What are you saying is expensive? And you were working out? WHat were you doing? What happened to get you off track? I know it's a lot of questions, but it'll help me to provide suggestions. =)
Nyoke
Nyoke
United States
2017/09/14, 08:52 AM
I do eat meat, I worked out in the gym for 2 hours a few days a week. I lot of personal stuff happened and I fell of track. Expensive as in buying the thing you need to lose weight when your the only one in your household eating and doing those thing.
2017/09/14, 09:05 AM
Gotcha. And I'm sorry to hear about your personal troubles.

OK so, diet. First homework. Watch the movie (Netflix) What the Health. It will change your outlook on diet and life in general. SPOILER ALERT* it is a vegan agenda movie, but trust me; watch it.

Activity. Do you still have access to a traditional gym? What kind of excersises would you do for 2 hours?

The expense part will have to wait until after you do your homework and I completely understand the "only person in the household" quagmire. Who is your support?
Nyoke
Nyoke
United States
2017/09/14, 02:55 PM
Lol ok. And no I do not have access to a gym now, i would walk on the tredmill, lift weight for my legs & arms, squats, and this machine that you pull for your arms lol I'm terrible with names.... Yes it's difficult when you the only person in the house doing it and honestly I really don't have much of a support system. Everyone tells me good job once every blue moon but that's really no real support.
2017/09/15, 06:32 AM
You most certainly do have access to a gym; it's called outside! The world is our gym! Go for a walk/run. Push-ups, situps, jumping jacks, pull ups on a tree, squats... Calisthenics is probably the best way to stay in shape and the fastest for burning fat. You can even do them in the comfort of your own home. Well, maybe not the running, but calisthenics.

So your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife doesn't support you? What about friends? Parens? Do you have a workout partner?