Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hello everyone!

char9740
char9740
United States
2016/02/16, 08:51 PM
Hello my name is Char  and I am here because I feel like its time for me to change my life style . I work a basic 9 to 5 office job where I spend alot of time sitting and then i come home and im not exactly active ,honestly im not active at all and I feel like something has got to give. I just feel stuck and lack motivation I am hoping to find other people in my situation people who want to get in shape but just need a little extra encouragement.  I am open to any sugestion that will jump start my weight loss journey . so if anyone is reading this and going through the same or if you have tips for someone who is  beginging this thing called healthy life I am here and willing to chat.( sorry in advance for any typos lol).
nmq11301976
nmq11301976
United States
2016/02/18, 08:36 AM
Hi Char!
My name is Nicole and like you I work behind a desk all day, and when I get home I am mentally spent! I found that what has been working for me (for the last few weeks anyway), is working out early in the morning. I wake up have a cup of coffee and go to the gym or work out at home. AND here is the biggie which has always been my down fall, when I slip and eat something I am not supposed to or don't make it to the gym as I wanted I do not get down on myself anymore, I just get back up and start all over again the next day. Half of the battle is not giving up!
Good luck to us both!
charboneaug
charboneaug
United States
2016/02/18, 10:00 AM
Hi guys, my name is Gretchen, and I also work a 9-5 desk job. I found this site while looking online for hep with workout routines. I have been going to a gym for over a year now and have made great improvements in my workout endurance, but felt like I wanted to get more out of my workout. I looked into hiring the personal trainer at my gym, but felt that she was just a little too pricey! So...here I am!
char9740
char9740
United States
2016/02/19, 07:26 PM
Thanks Nicole for your advice and yes good luck to us both!