Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

So my journey begins

Nettle72
Nettle72
United Kingdom
2014/11/25, 03:10 PM
I'm a 42 year old mother of one... a slave to the job and stuck to the car.  From out of nowhere my poor living has caught up with me and I am determined to fight back and get back the figure I used to have.  I've joined a gym and during my first day at the gym I was quickly shown all the machinery and then advised if I wanted guidance and a training plan it would be £20 per hour!!!  the gym membership is costly enough!  So I started going to the gym and stuck with what I felt comfortabel with... the running and cycling machines.  the thought of using weight machines amongst other very fit and muscly looking people when I didn't know what to do with them has been far too intimidating.  then I decided what was the point of paying for gym membership if I wasn't going to take full advantage of the gym??  As such, I stumbled on this website and am hoping I can learn a bit more about what exercices I need to do and what equipment I can use to burn off fat and tone up.  Like some, I start off with good intentions and then very quickly hit a stumbling block and stop.  This time I hope to see it through... if not, my health and physique is only going to go one way....    Here goes........