Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Beginner

Warned
Warned
Canada
2014/09/14, 11:46 PM
How's it going guys. My name is Trevor and I'm trying to get into the habit of working out on a specific schedule. My issue is I've been really demotivated, I play a lot of video games and such, however I'm very slim. I play a lot of sports such as soccer, volleyball etc. (sports that include running). My cardio is up there I'm just looking to build muscle. I'm not the tallest person nor do I weigh very much. If any of you have any suggestions on how I should start out please let me know. I'm looking to bulk up as well, though I don't have access to the amount of food I've seen people gobbling down.

Thank you!
Olly99
Olly99
United Kingdom
2014/10/09, 02:58 AM
Hi Trevor, Your coming at it from the right place (slim i mean), It's much harder to build muscle and lose weight than it is to just straight up bulk up,well first off you need to decide wether your going to do this at home or the gym, If at home you'll need to get yourself the essentials, dumbbells, barbell and weight plates and a weight bench(but that isn't essential right now), you then need to decide how often you want to workout(2 days a week is enough to begin with).First start with a warm up of doing some basic stretches,then start with 3 sets of 6-8 reps of some tricep exercises(it's generally best to start your routine with working the triceps & then the biceps,chest,shoulders and traps),I like to start with close grip bench presses or barbell curls with a narrow grip, Then tricep dips and finally seated tricep extensions (you dont have to do all of these each workout as your just getting started), Then on to biceps, chest & shoulders/traps, Alternating dumbbell curls are good, Then hammer curls and finally preacher curls(yet again just do two of these exercises for now),Then i do a few stretches to cool my muscles. Then i sink a whey protein shake and have a high-protein meal with plenty of salad.When it comes to supplements it's personally choice ,It can be tough to eat the amounts you need to so whey protein IS essentail really, Casein protein before bed is a good idea too!, Bcaa's(branched chain amino acids are a good idea too but that's up to you. I would'nt bother with creatine just now but further down the road you might want to look at it. You can buy muscle meal shakes to bulk up quicker but i warn you there not cheap!,Well i hope this helps you and remember anyone who says you can gain lbs & lbs of muscle in a matter of weeks is either full of it or on streroids,It is a painfully slow process but once you start gaining muscle you'll be smiling ear to ear!!!!, Good luck on your journey mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, From"Olly99"