Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hello everyone

TarynD
TarynD
United States
2014/08/04, 03:44 PM
I just found this website because I think it is a lot easier to stay on top of exercising and fitness plans when you have support.

Basically, I have always been very active.  I've played sports most of my life and for the past four year, was having 3 2-hour practices a week and multiple tournaments on weekends throughout the year (that involved an incredible amount of running).  Therefore, I didn't really pay too much attention to what I was eating because I was usually burning it all off.

But now the sports have stopped, and the eating is relatively the same.  I still stays as active as I can - I run much more often on my own then I ever did when I was playing, but it's still not the same amount.  And I just can't seem to lose the weight I want, which is only 10 pounds or so but a very stubborn ten pounds.  I know its a simple equation: eat healthy, exercise, and burn more calories than you take in.

I tried doing that little MyFitnessPal app which was great until I fell off the wagon and now I have all of that knowledge and shit imprinted into my mind but I can't follow it and now I am way more aware of my body then I ever want to be.  Sometimes I'm not even sure how I actually look, because my mind tells me a million different things. 

I just want some guidance to continue to workout and exercise and really, truly make it a part of my life.  And then if there are any groups or support on guidance to eating right, that would be awesome as well.

Thanks everyone!