Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

that1fatguy checking in!

micheall76
micheall76
United States
2014/07/29, 12:06 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Mike, and I'm a fat guy. (Hiiiii Mike!)

I'm 38 years young, on the tail end of my first college degree as I went back to school.

I'm 5'10" and topped the scales recently at 350lbs and it scared the hell out of me. I had lost weight here and there but would gain it back as I lost motivation to continue going to the gym or doing work outs long enough to create the habit.

This quarter, I took a self-paced fitness class where all you do is work out X number of days through-out the quarter. Having access to the gym, and using it for college credit, I found some motivation to help create the habit I think.

With all the gear and options available, I was confused about where to begin. I had read article after article, and they all gave tips, but nothing as helpful as what I found here on Freetrainers.

Looking forward to a new healthier lifestyle. Currenltly I'm working out M-Th and have a nice exercise plan thanks to the tools here. It's a blessing to have found this!

Thanks,
Mike