Group: Daily Challenges & Check-in's - Stay on Track

Created: 2012/01/24, Members: 320, Messages: 464

A great way to keep on track and get support from others to help reach your goals. A great group to help you stay committed! Choose a DISCUSSION TOPIC and share your day with the rest of us in .. stay on track!

Join group

program needed!

gloryhunter
gloryhunter
United Kingdom
2013/10/14, 01:22 PM
Hi guys im a 50 year old male who has let himself go a bit I'm currently about 4 stone overweight with a rubbish diet! I have just joined a gym and wondered if anyone could tell me the best way to start? I am aware I need to take it slowly at frist and build myself up! I used to pkay football twice a week until I reached 43 legs couldn't take it anymore! Since the the only exercise I get is golf! I really want to get back to a healthy weight and build up my muscle ! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Gloryhunter
Mr_Geezer
Mr_Geezer
United States
2013/10/14, 02:54 PM (Edited: Mr_Geezer - 2013/10/14, 03:30 PM)
Change your diet first. Eat lean protein, fish, meat, bird and lots of veggies,  Try to avoid prepackaged food. avoid sodas. Build on that fooundation and you will see faster results. learn what complex carbs are. Eat them. It takes more calories to digest most foods that are good for you. Understanding proper diet and sticking to it makes it easier to hit your goals

You are correct. start slowly. I love a good treadmill session after a strength session. Vary your routine. Pick workouts that you really enjoy in the beginning. If you avoid injury, major soreness and enjoy what you do, you are more likely to stick with it.

Keep a flog here.  It encourages accountability and connects you to others with like goals.

Approach this as a lifestyle and not a race.
ghhtty
ghhtty
United States
2014/10/03, 07:01 AM
Approach this as a lifestyle and not a race.fut coins