Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hey, I need some advice!

Lvsturgeon
Lvsturgeon
United States
2013/10/04, 05:55 AM
My name is Leslie and I'm trying this out so I can get some advice from some people!

I'm 23 years old, 5'7" and currently weigh 153 lbs....long story short I lost about 20 pounds back in March over a short period of time going through a bad breakup. I started going to the gym daily and doing step aerobics twice a week and a weight lifting class twice a week. I've been able to keep the weight off up until about a month ago. I haven't been doing anything differently so I was kind of confused on why I've been gaining weight. I was drinking lots of wine during the week so I cut back on that and I only have a few glasses on the weekend. I've continued going to my workout classes AND I even bought insanity thinking that maybe if I work out twice a day Ill be able to start losing weight. I do it every other day so I'm not burning myself out and I've been drinking protein shakes after each workout. Nothing seems to be working though and the numbers on the scale keep going up :( my thighs have definitely gotten bigger and they feel stronger so I'm assuming that it's maybe muscle that I'm gaining but I hate seeing my weight go up! My mom thought maybe I have a slow metabolism so I've started taking magnesium & calcium pills and I'm even trying to eat chia seeds once a day. I feel like giving up on working out because it seems like nothing is working, if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do differently I would greatly appreciate hearing from you!