Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hi I am the new guy!

Lenny1590
Lenny1590
United Kingdom
2013/09/29, 04:52 PM
Hi.

My name is Anthony and I am looking at trying to get in proper physical shape for the first time in my life following slipped disc surgery.  I like to play football (or soccer depending where you are from) go running and going to the gym, of course while I build my body back up to stability these activities are limited a little bit (I often forget to limit myself and injure myself even more).

My main weakness in my fitness journey is going to be my diet as I have a horrendous diet at the moment.  I am usually really good at sticking to it for 2 weeks and then one week I will just go nuts.  I need need to figure out a way to stay on course for longer so any help with how people do this would be amazing. 

With regards to exercise, I may be the only person on here saying this but I need help to keep myself under my limits for a while as pushing myself at the moment (as I have found out a couple of times) results in my injuring various parts of my body.  I am looking for low intensity but effective workouts that will help me burn lots of calories and lose weight. 

My goal through all of this is to get below 15% body fat.  While the end is important the means is what I really want to get sorted.  I would like to learn on my way to getting to 15% body fat how to do one arm pull ups (for at least 4 on each arm), one are press ups and those leg raise things where only your shoulders are on the floor (can someone give me the name of these please?)

Thanks for reading (if anyone does haha)

Anthony