Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Looking for a partner

erikab11
erikab11
United States
2013/07/08, 01:12 PM
Hey!

I'm trying to find someone to check in with daily with going to the gym and eating. I don't really have anyone here at my base that I can really talk to about this kind of topic. Most of my friends are at a healthy weight and it's awkward for me to talk to them about my weight-loss path. I'm currently at 269 lbs. I would have a gym partner but the times I go, conflicts with others.
RachyNooroto
RachyNooroto
Australia
2013/07/09, 04:24 AM
Hi I am also trying to lose weight and eat healthy.. I just joined a gym and had my first day there yesterday. I am 226Ibs. But for my height a healthy weight for me is 154Ibs.
erikab11
erikab11
United States
2013/07/09, 09:04 PM
Hey Rachy! The healthy weight for me is at 150 lbs. Shall we push each other?! lol. I haven't gotten to the gym this week so far but I'm hoping sometime tomorrow I will be able to!
RachyNooroto
RachyNooroto
Australia
2013/07/13, 03:45 PM
Sounds good to me!! :) I did my first boot camp session yesterday.. It was brutal!! I wore my heart rate monitor and I burnt 800 calories in an hour! My body hurts today lol. Yeah go to the gym very chance you can get. I have actually eaten healthy all week this week and gone to the gym 3 times and I just weighed myself and I've lost 6Ibs! So exciting! Long way to go still though. Let me know how your going ok.
Hlo813
Hlo813
United States
2013/07/13, 08:25 PM
Hi. I am not even 5'2" and at my highest weight I was 254 I am now at 180. I would be more than happy to support Anyone as I also need it. Sometimes more than I'd like to admit. I'm going to the gym tomorrow and have a schedule for myself this week. I have tried to find people to go to the gym with me but more often than I'd like people skip out. So since I am paying for it I'm going. For myself I have to do this
erikab11
erikab11
United States
2013/07/27, 12:19 AM
Sorry, I have not replied back. Things have been hectic but I will start going to the gym on monday. NO EXCUSES! Next week I will be able to start eating clean again. I have my weekly meals planned out as well as my workout routine. I was also thinking maybe of starting a group on facebook, specifically for motivation and whatnot. What do you guys think? I'm on there more often than I am on here. Actually, sometimes I forget this website. I get by with the mobile app on my phone. lol.
erikab11
erikab11
United States
2013/07/29, 09:31 AM
I haven't heard from you guys in awhile. Are you keeping up? I'm about to be on my way to the gym now. :)
erikab11
erikab11
United States
2013/07/29, 11:15 PM
I have completed the gym today! My shoulders and triceps hurt...horribly.  Hope you guys are doing well with it as well. I have a problem going on right now...I feel pressured to eat the same of junk food as my friends. I gave in today when a friend asked me to grab some lunch which I replied, "I'll go to keep you company, I'm not really hungry". Then it turned into "well I'm not going to eat if you're not going to." I don't get out often so it's always a treat to go hang out with my friend but how do I take control over this? Granted, we went to subway...but I broke and have 1 1/2 cookies and a root beer.

I am pleased to announce though, that I have managed to keep off some of the weight I lost. From 276 lbs, I weighed in at 267 lbs today!!! Not bad for 2 weeks of slacking! Hope to hear from you guys soon...it's really helping me that I'm keeping up to date. I would like to hear your goals too...My goal is to lose the baby weight for now. From my heaviest at 276 lbs, to pre-baby weight sitting at 248 lbs by the end of september. My family and I have a wedding to attend in October so I want to show them that I can do it! I have 19 lbs to go now and most of it tends to be water-weight in the beginning so we shall see how much more I drop this week! Then, from that point I would like to get back down under 220 lbs but I'm taking baby steps!
erikab11
erikab11
United States
2013/08/05, 11:19 PM
Still haven't heard from you guys in a while. I hope you guys are staying on track.

Update:
I have downloaded an App called C25K on my phone. It stands for Couch to 5k. It's a 9 week program to help you run a 5k. You should download it! I thought it would kick my butt seeing as this was the first day of training but I DID AMAZING! I stuck it out like a true champ! I am excited to see how I progress. I recently timed my mile run and it took me 18 minutes and 18 seconds to complete. Not the best time in the world but it's a start! Today was also my first day of my challenged. I challenge myself to run 15 days NO MATTER WHAT! It was definitely challenging trying to get to the gym though with my husband's new schedule. We shall see what other curveballs will be thrown at me!

Weight:
I am at 268 lbs right now. I weighed in this morning. It's my fault I put on the extra pound. I caved and destroyed almost a whole thing of Mint Oreos. They're addicting!!!! It's also my horomones that's giving in as well. I have to have some sort of sweets during Aunt Flo's visit. I'm trying to not beat myself up continuously. Today is a fresh start! Eating clean and only taking my cheat day on Saturdays.
erikab11
erikab11
United States
2013/08/11, 12:42 AM
Ladies,
I am really hoping to hear from you guys. I feel kind of lonely wilthout you guys to cheer on! Anyways, I started a facebook group. No one is in it except for me right now. Hopefully you guys will log in soon so we can really support each other.  Anyone can join!

Update:
I completed my first week of the 5k training. Next week will be harder. Today was also the first day I ran on the trail instead of the treadmill. HUGE DIFFERENCE! I am sore! I feel sick still too! I am also happy to say that my husband has joined in. He ran with me! Well sorta. He ran ahead but always walked back to where I was. He is a huge support when he is around. I even convinced him to run a 5K with me! We decided when he gets off in the morning (he works graveyard shift) we will take our run monday, wednesday and friday. On our off days he will go to the gym in the morning, and I will go at night while he is still sleeping. That way my daughter has both of us for one on one time. It's working out perfect for us so far.

Weight:
I am pretty excited! I just weighed in and I am at 263 lbs. 14 more lbs until I have reached pre-baby weight. 5 days ago, I was feeling like a failure for gaining some weight back and today I had my cheat day. Sorta anyways. I had my kit kat. I ate whole grain mac n cheese. drank a little bit of soda (sprite). That is my reward for losing those pounds in the last week! Remember to set small goals and have small celebrations! It's ok to get off track every once in awhile as long as you get back up and focused again.

Pleeeeeease check in!
deevines
deevines
United States
2014/01/29, 02:14 PM
I need someone to check in with and I need a support buddy!!!
lttlbloomers
lttlbloomers
United States
2014/03/20, 03:49 PM
Ill be somebodys check in partner! I would love someone to help me be accountable as well!
erikab11
erikab11
United States
2014/03/20, 06:43 PM
That's great news! I am glad you are reaching for some support. I have a facebook group with only three people in it and it is not very active. I would love to see it get more busy! Unfortunately, I will not be in the weigh-loss part but I will be there for motivation! Let me know if you are interested in the group, I'll send you a friend request to it!