Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hi Everybody!!

needs-to-lose
needs-to-lose
United States
2013/02/04, 12:40 AM
Hi, my name is Ronda and I'm a disabled, 48 yr old housewife who needs help losing alot of weight.  I will settle for at least a loss of 20 pounds before the end of the year.  I have been working out almost daily, doing different exercises each day so I don't get bored and have been trying to watch what I eat and how much I eat.  The problem is, like I said, I'm disabled and have limited mobility, I had a total knee replacement surgery 8 months ago, plus I have heart disease (heart attack back in Sept. 2009) which requires me to take 5 different heart meds a day, and  the side effects of a couple of those meds is weight gain.  I've talked to my cardiologist about trying to lose weight and he is not comfortable with taking me off any of my meds at this time and he's told me to just go on a low sodium, low fat diet and do what ever exercises I can do with as little stress to my heart and knees as possible. I have found a very good low impact cardio kickboxing video that I work out with, plus chair exercises, using 3 pound weights and ankle weights, and have been doing easy yoga stretches.  I'm suppose to have knee replacement surgery on my other knee sometime this year, but the orthopedic surgeon really wants me to lose at least 10 pounds if not more before he does the surgery.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do to lose weight?  Floor exercises are not an option due to the fact I can't get down on, or up from the floor very easily.  I'm tired of being overweight and not feeling good about myself.  I don't want to have another heart attack.
Oper8r17
Oper8r17
United States
2013/02/04, 01:14 PM
too easy Ronda....I would recommend starting off easy...being active is the key. and immediately I would start the 20-30 rule. Consume 20 grams of protein within 30 mins of waking.  This can be greek yogurt, eggs, protein shake. This will help you metablosim get going for the day. I have seen clients lose upto 20 lbs in amonth with just this technique. Also maybe pick up " the primal blueprint" by mark scisson. Eating along the ines he suggests is a sustainable livable way to melt body fat off. no calorie counting, you eat when you want, but you eat good foods. Focus on nutrition this year as losing weight is mostly done in the kitchen
needs-to-lose
needs-to-lose
United States
2013/02/04, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the suggestions!  I will def. start doing the 20-30 rule starting tomorrow morning.  Also can't wait to try some of the recipes from "The Primal Blueprint".