Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

HELLO EVERYONE!

monaecurb
monaecurb
United States
2012/10/13, 08:25 AM
My name is Monae.  am from Chicago, I have tried several methods to lose weight already. However this is the first time I am attempting it the natural way, plain diet and exercise! I am 36 yrs old, 250lbs and 5''6 which as you may know is about 100lbs over weight.
I have not struggled with weight my whole life but over the past few years I have been unemployed and I celebrated my 2 year anniversary of being nicotene free this past August! Heart Disease, diabetes, hbp all of the above are common in my family. My doctor told me that I am borderline diabetic and my bad cholesterol is getting up there, needless to say I have to get busy if I don't want to be medicated.
If anyone can give advice concerning emotional eating it would really help.  I realize that I could help this by having better choices of food readily available, but many times I will go right past the good stuff...the fatty stuff seems to be more comforting.