Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Question

colemankay
colemankay
United States
2012/09/29, 10:50 AM
Hi!
      I guess you can say I am new to this and I have a couple of questions. Maybe someone can help me. I have worked out a little in the past but never got the results the I wanted. I am kind of impatient and get discouraged quickly. I want to set a realistic goal for my self on the amount of time it will take to loose 29 pounds. I'm sure it depends on how much a week you exercise, which I am planning on working out at the gym 4 days a week but walking/running at lest 30 minutes everyday. Is that an accurate amount? I feel stupid asking these questions but maybe someone wouldn't mind helping me.
colemankay
colemankay
United States
2012/09/29, 11:10 AM
Another stupid question. But I was also wondering, how do I use the free weights and machines? What I am wanting to know is, How do I know how much weight to use for the amount of reps??  I know that sounds stupid, but I want to do it all right.