Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

New :)

2012/07/17, 09:56 AM
Hi - I am Nanc. I am just starting. I have Hashimoto's disease, so I run out of energy very, very quickly, but I don't expect the weight to just fall off by itself.  I was always very thin - always trying to gain weight - until I hit about 25 years of age. Then the weight started packing on and I couldn't seem to stop it.  As there was more weight to lose, I lost more self-esteem and confidence in myself.  

I recently began taking a different type of thyroid medication, and I'm actually starting to feel human again. I can feel my very weak muscles starting to rebuild. I miss my weightlifting days. I was very proud to be 95 pounds and benching 100 lbs. Now, I don't want to be 95lbs again, but I would love to have my muscles back. I could really use some coaching. 

My starting weight is 201.8 on Sunday. My goal is 150, but my dream is 135. 

My first goal is to get under 200 and stay there for 2 weeks in a row and continually watch it go down. I'd be happy to have any encouragement anyone can spare. :)
2012/07/17, 10:16 AM
Where do I begin? Walking on the treadmill for 30mins puts me in bed sleeping the rest of the day and night. 
5lb Weights? 2lbs? Any suggestions for which exercises?
worktheglutes69
worktheglutes69
Canada
2012/07/17, 11:02 PM
Youtube has great choices and selections in all different kinds of excerises! Check them out*
ctnst
ctnst
United States
2012/07/18, 07:43 AM
puppymom03
Hi - I am Nanc. I am just starting. I have Hashimoto's disease, so I run out of energy very, very quickly, but I don't expect the weight to just fall off by itself. I was always very thin - always trying to gain weight - until I hit about 25 years of age. Then the weight started packing on and I couldn't seem to stop it. As there was more weight to lose, I lost more self-esteem and confidence in myself. I recently began taking a different type of thyroid medication, and I'm actually starting to feel human again. I can feel my very weak muscles starting to rebuild. I miss my weightlifting days. I was very proud to be 95 pounds and benching 100 lbs. Now, I don't want to be 95lbs again, but I would love to have my muscles back. I could really use some coaching.

My starting weight is 201.8 on Sunday. My goal is 150, but my dream is 135.

My first goal is to get under 200 and stay there for 2 weeks in a row and continually watch it go down. I'd be happy to have any encouragement anyone can spare. :)

---