Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

in a rut

emmab4413
emmab4413
United Kingdom
2012/06/21, 01:41 PM
Hello, im Emma, 26... 27 next week!!! I moved to leicester a year ago and got straight in the gym. Started off with a personal trainer who set me a plan which i followed but it got old very quick and he was difficult to get hold of so i carried on doing my own thing. Got another personal trainer in feb who set me another plan but what ever i was doing made my calves grown by 4 flipping cm!!!! So stopped that.
I have been poorly for the last month so have not been in the gym but i plan on going back on Monday.
Still feeling a severe lack of enthusiasm to be honest so thought id give this a go!

Goal: Wedding (im a bridesmaid) 4th aug and holiday october

obstacle1: lack of enthusiasm
obstacle 2: no one to tell me i have to go gym... moativation i guess
obstacle 3: not know what to do

I will give it a go!!!!!!!
DebBrick
DebBrick
United States
2012/06/22, 08:26 AM
Obstacle 1- The enthusiasum is replaced with " I don't wanna", huh?
Try thinking of it in smaller goals, Like Two week intervals and then treat yourself.
Say you go to the gym 4 days in a week and complete your workout, that weekend treat yourself to a pedicure. And start the second week and at the end (sinse it's a bigger goal) treat your self to a massage. (Your treats are what ever make you happy) Just Make a small teat at the halfway mark then full treat and the end and start over.

Obstacle 2: I wanted a gym buddy too. But I have also found it difficult to have one. I like moving at my pace, and I sub exercises if I can't do one on my agenda (either not finding the machine, or someone just started their sets on it) and my buddy usually wants to cut corners. So I end up ticking them off by not stopping. I kinda like it a bit better alone. My music keeps me company.

Obstacle 3- Find out what your personal goals are. I do alot or cardio because of my size. When I do my weights I always use light ones. My body has to get use to this. Also, under exercises at the top of this page , choose "workouts" and go the wizard and it will help you make a routine. I keep a journal, and workout log with me at the gym. It helps because it puts my mind in gear to finish my daily goal.

If you need to talk , I am here. We can push through it together.
emmab4413
emmab4413
United Kingdom
2012/06/22, 10:57 AM
thanks that is a really good way to think about it, i am moving house this weekend but just done thw workout planning and will get in the gym monday and see how things go from there i think.
hopefully i can get my head back in the game and like you say all stick and no carrott is bound to make things seem a bit rubbish.