Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

WestonB
WestonB
United States
2012/04/30, 03:17 PM
Glad I found this site.  Hopefully people get on here often and actually motivate each other.  I'm starting my first workout today, and I'm pretty excited about it.  There are a few things in particular I plan on working on.  The first is building up some muscle in my arms, chest, and shoulders.  I'm a little scrawny and I'd like to bulk up a bit.  Secondly, I'm wanting to work on my abs a bit as well.  While I'm skinny in the chest, I actually have a little beer belly that's slowly started forming.  I'd definitely like to take care of that.  And lastly, I want to get back into running shape.  I'll never be one of those marathon runner types, but I'd at least like to get to the point where I can run a few miles failry easily. 

Anyway, if anyone's got any encouraging words, that'd be great.  I plan on sticking with this.  I haven't really worked out consistently in about 4 years or so, but I know how good it is to get back into the habit.  I just hope I'm not too sore after today!
2012/05/01, 08:22 AM
Hello and welcome,

Good on you for wanting to make a change and I'm sure that you will reach your goals. The best way to do everything that you want to do is in different phases. The reason for this is to bulk up you need to eat excess calories but it's the opposite to lose weight and you need to earless calories than you burn.

The most common way that body I builders do it is to do a bulking off phase and then change to a toning up phase to lose the fat. As for the running mate that's just going to come down to practice.

Good luck to ya and if you have any questions just ask, and yes you probably will be sore if you haven't been to the gm in a while but remember that pain is just weakness leaving the body
2012/05/01, 08:23 AM
Haha few typos in my previous post hope you can understand it