Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Introduction

CagedInSanity
CagedInSanity
Canada
2012/04/20, 02:35 AM
Not sure if this is how it works around here, I've only been a member of one other forum, and it was a number of years ago. But, this essentially me introducing myself, I hope you enjoy ;)

My first name is Rylan, I'm 19 years old, I'm from Canada, and I started "getting into shape" a couple months ago. 

Firstly, I have been pretty skinny my entire life - nothing crazy, but a pretty skinny guy, definitely. Basically it started with me quitting smoking - then I bought some adjustable dumbells (ranged from 5 to 20 pounds) and started doing a little lifting at home. It turned into a daily routine, and I just recently bought a gym membership. (A couple years ago I started going to the gym, but it only lasted a few weeks... then, just sort of... dwindled). 

Anyway, I'm no expert, but I figured trying to be part of some kind of 'community' may help. My only hesitation is that there seems to be tons of members. I mean, it's good in a way because there are more sources of knowledge, but I like the idea of getting to know the other posters  (knowing who to trust, building relationships instead of just muscles haha). Hopefully this works out how I hoped and dreamed it would.