Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Welcome newbies

2012/04/18, 12:43 AM
I see a lot of new folk type one sentence that is usually something like " I'm overweigh/out of shape/ need advice/ what do I do. It really helps us to help you if you take the time to fill out your profile.

Include your age, general fitness, experience in training , goals and your height and weight.  It's a great idea to include the equipment you have access to as well as if you plan to join a gym.

The most important thing you can do is to come back and read the replies to your questions. Other things that will help you to meet your goals is to join groups that meet your needs and participate. Ask questions. Thank the person who replies. An invaluable tool is to read other peoples fitness logs . You'll see what other's do and everybody is different. It's a great place to get a crash course on options for training. Additionally, post your own log. People will read it and offer help.

Welcome here. Please get involved. You'll be glad you did. It works if you work it.
CagedInSanity
CagedInSanity
Canada
2012/04/22, 01:16 AM
Not sure if this is how it works around here, I've only been a member of one other forum, and it was a number of years ago. But, this essentially me introducing myself, I hope you enjoy ;) 

My first name is Rylan, I'm 19 years old, I'm from Canada, and I started "getting into shape" a couple months ago.  

Firstly, I have been pretty skinny my entire life - nothing crazy, but a pretty skinny guy, definitely. Basically it started with me quitting smoking - then I bought some adjustable dumbells (ranged from 5 to 20 pounds) and started doing a little lifting at home. It turned into a daily routine, and I just recently bought a gym membership. (A couple years ago I started going to the gym, but it only lasted a few weeks... then, just sort of... dwindled).  

Anyway, I'm no expert, but I figured trying to be part of some kind of 'community' may help. My only hesitation is that there seems to be tons of members. I mean, it's good in a way because there are more sources of knowledge, but I like the idea of getting to know the other posters  (knowing who to trust, building relationships instead of just muscles haha). Hopefully this works out how I hoped and dreamed it would.
CagedInSanity
CagedInSanity
Canada
2012/04/22, 01:19 AM
I've made 5 or so posts in the past 2 days and no one has replied to anything or in any of my threads (e.g. my into thread, which I copy and pasted here above)... I'm not sure if there's something that isn't working or whatever, but it seems really innactive around here.
2012/04/22, 10:35 AM
Welcome here Cagedin Sanity. Sorry nobody has responded. Join us in the beginners group. I do check in there nearly every day. The sight has been renovated in the last few monts and truth be told, I find it more difficult to keep up with new posts and members.

The best way to get involved is to choose groups that interest you and join up. Another thing would be to start keeping a detailed flog. With the flog, you give others a chance to get a feel for your experience level and you can look back in six months and see how far you've come. There are also several accountability groups that are popular.

Have you picked out or tried one of the Freetrainers workouts?

Ask questions and be patient. The board is really busy some days and kind of slow on others. Best of luck.