Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Pre-workout meal?

CRNP
CRNP
United States
2012/02/26, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone.  I have a hard time eating anything before I workout.  Especially if Im going to do cardio.  There are many times that I will want to workout but havent eaten and know that I dont have the energy, but if I eat, by the time I wait an hour or two, I dont have time or just plain have lost the desire. Also, most of the time I workout in the morning within an hour or so of waking up.
 So I ask you; have you experienced this and is there anything that you find you can eat that gives you some energy to workout but doesnt make you uncomfortable while exercising?
2012/02/26, 03:18 PM
I am usually able to  walk first thing about 3 days a week. I never eat if I walk first thing. Afterwards I eat a protein snack.  I don't lift until later in the day. If I eat before exercise it's some sort of sandwich with either peanut butter, eggs, meat or a combintion of those. If you eat light you should still be able to walk pretty immediately.