Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

whats the best choose

madam2222
madam2222
United States
2011/02/17, 11:37 PM
ok so im 13 and im about 210 idk how i let my self go so much.. i could really use some help.:( if any one could maybr give me a few tipe on how to help. i would be so grateful!!
travisdickey
travisdickey
United States
2011/02/24, 01:21 AM
You'll have to be more specific. Tips on what?

I will say that at 13, your body is about to go through massive changes. Your body could have added the weight before it added the height, like it did for me. Other than that, did you have a specific question about powerlifting or strength training, or is your question more geared toward overall fitness and body composition?
2011/03/31, 07:00 AM
Number one thing to address is your diet so ask your parents to take you to a nutritionist/doctor to create a diet plan for you. You are eating too many calories and probably poor nutritional quality food(junk, sweets, drinking too many of your calories in soda/juices, etc). Start by tracking/writing down everything you eat for a month. It's going to take a lot of work however you will learn a lot about our eating habits.

Become more active. Walk more, start out with 30 minute walks in your neighborhood once or twice a day and build into jogging/running.

Look into bodyweight calisthenics/conditioning(burpees, chin ups, squats, push ups, etc www.rosstraining.com or crosstraining.com). You may also want to start learning about strength training with free weights. Ask your parents to get you a gym membership, watch a lot of video online of stronger guys, then start light and video tape your lifts for analysis. Strength forums on bodybuilding.com or other similar forums are great.

good luck