Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22773

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Need more carbs, less fat

maguire5
maguire5
United States
2010/09/20, 11:43 PM
According to my nutrition tracker I am falling short on carbs and calories, but too high in fats every day (protein is being reached/exceeded). The only problem is that I'm not sure where the fats are coming from (I've been eating pretty cleanly for 2+ years - only whole grains, no condiments, pretty plain sources of protein, etc.) So I'm wondering what type of high-carb high-calorie low-fat foods would be best to add at this point....any ideas?
jasonforan
jasonforan
Ireland
2010/09/22, 02:29 PM
I wouldnt be no expert as iv only been workout out the last couple of months but oats are a a great source of high carb low fat.Heres the nutrition info of the oats i use
Per 100g:
Energy: 388.0cal
Protein (dry basis): 8.5g
Carbohydrates: 70.7g
of which sugars: 0.8g
Fat: 7.9g
of which saturates: 1.3g
of which mono unsaturates: 3.3g
of which poly unsaturates: 3.3g
Dietary Fibre: 8.8g
Sodium: 30.0mg

============
Quoting from maguire5:

According to my nutrition tracker I am falling short on carbs and calories, but too high in fats every day (protein is being reached/exceeded). The only problem is that I'm not sure where the fats are coming from (I've been eating pretty cleanly for 2+ years - only whole grains, no condiments, pretty plain sources of protein, etc.) So I'm wondering what type of high-carb high-calorie low-fat foods would be best to add at this point....any ideas?
=============