Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Can't lose weight or size!

melonah
melonah
United Kingdom
2010/04/13, 06:28 AM
I'm 21, 176lb and and 5'6". I think I eat healthily (balanced diet that generally averages out at 1400-1500 calories a day, try to keep bad fats to a minimum - very concious of this. Additionally, I do 30 mins of cardio (ususally jogging or cross trainer) plus 20-30 mins of toning exercises and free weights at least 4 times a week. On top of that I have a fairly busy lifestyle that means I do a fair amount of walking everyday.

I know I'm not on a stict diet and don't do loads of exercise (I've tried this in the past and it didn't make much difference anyway), but I just can't seem to change my size at all. In the three weeks I've been following my current routine I've noticed I feel fitter and my muscles are stronger, but I still have the layer of fat over the top that really bugs me. the main problem areas are my hips and thighs (I actusally have quite a small waist). I have until august to acheive my 'bikini body,' so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Helen
thyroidamb
thyroidamb
United States
2010/08/02, 09:57 PM
Did you try the south beach diet-- phase 1 would probably help. It helped my husband lose 18+ pds. He only had 15 to lose--he achieved and passed his goal.
joecool2011
joecool2011
United States
2011/03/30, 08:44 AM
hey im around the same height n weight to have the same problems every online site says i need more than those calories n im pretty active but i feelin a lil tighter lately n the south beach is a tad expensive better off sticking to what u got home