Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Under eating

JessFM
JessFM
Canada
2010/03/11, 12:41 AM
So I've always had suspicions that I was under eating and that's why I wasn't losing weight. I don't do it on purpose, I'm just not hungry for anything else.

Now I'm not starving myself, by mutiple calculators I'm consuming about 1200-1300 calories per day. Not a lot of that is fat, but I do know that there is a bit more fat than there should be (I love chocolates and pasteries)

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can eat perhaps as a snack to get those extra calories I need so that my body's not in starvation mode? I've found I'm very hungry after a work out and fruit and veggies at that point just aren't cutting it.

Thanks!
missyaline
missyaline
United States
2010/04/27, 03:30 AM
I've had to deal with the same thing. What I've done is added peanut butter. Eating an apple with 2 tbsp of peanut butter gives you extra calories and "good" fat. It's also really good with various vegetables as well (celery especially). It's also important to eat protein after a workout. You can eat various types of protein: chicken breast, eggs (limiting the yolks), low-fat cheese, and nuts are good options. Eating lean protein after a workout levels your blood sugars, curbs hunger and gives your body what it needs to build muscle while burning fat. Since I've increased my calories I've noticed a difference on the scale and in clothes. Good luck!