Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16611

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Working out and High Blood Pressure

inspy
inspy
United States
2010/01/10, 06:23 PM
Hey everyone. I work out 7 days a week for the past 3 months. I have lost weight and toned up. I was unable to do one push up and Now i can do about 38 a minute ( 20 at one time / 28 all time best ). I was told i have High Blood Pressure. OK that stressed me out a lot. I'm starting my work out program all over. And I want to be more aggressive. Tell me what I need to do to up the anti.
rivergirl3
rivergirl3
United States
2010/01/26, 09:47 AM
How's your cardio? Don't forget to take a rest day when your body requires it.

What is your b/p? Do you monitor it every day? Stress will increase you blood pressure (constriction of the vessels r/t to a sympathetic nervous system response).

I have lots of heart disease in my family (both sets of grand parents died from it) so I am really conscientious of my blood pressure and LDH cholesterol.

Good luck!
vitaleenanomed
vitaleenanomed
United States
2024/04/12, 12:41 AM
Wow, it sounds like you've made incredible progress with your workout routine over the past few months! Losing weight, toning up, and increasing your push-up count are all amazing achievements. However, I'm sorry to hear about your high blood pressure diagnosis – that must be stressful. Starting your workout program over with a more aggressive approach is a great idea, but it's important to prioritize your health and safety. Consider incorporating more cardiovascular exercises like running, cycling, or swimming to help lower your blood pressure. Additionally, focus on strength training exercises that target multiple muscle groups and incorporate high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to maximize your workout efficiency.