Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Running

alex_morley
alex_morley
United Kingdom
2009/10/20, 06:37 AM
As some of you will no doubt have noticed from my posts on here, I'm a bit of a running nut. Although I'm into getting good muscle definition from weights and watching my diet, my main forte is endurance running.

I was wondering whether we've got many other runners here and if some training notes etc would be of any use to people? Maybe a general running or endurance fitness topic which people can add their training thoughts to etc?

Let me know what you think and if so I'll get some ideas up here.

Al
rivergirl3
rivergirl3
United States
2010/01/09, 07:00 PM
Al,
It's good to see another crazed endurance person on ft, I'm guessing you're a ultra runner, 100milers? I was big on the 50ks for awhile until neuromas made it too painful. Now I keep my distances below 25, that seems to be when the pain sets in.
While out on a fabulous trail run(post hole) in the snow today I was thinking about why trainers advise lifting weights before one goes for their run. I prefer to run then lift, and you?
My favorite activity next to trail running is whitewater kayaking so I compete in adventure races, they are more appealing than tri's.
Enjoy your runs!
Kim
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2010/11/25, 09:43 PM
Yeah that would be a good idea for a new topic....I like running alot to, and just signed up to do my 3rd full marathon this coming spring in Seatle.

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"
"The thing you have to realize is that you have to work for it,"