Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Compulsive Overeating or Bulimia

sscaffidi12
sscaffidi12
United States
2009/08/14, 11:50 PM
My name is Samantha and I am torn as to whether I have COE disorder or Bulimia. I tend to eat very healthily around others, and I hide eating anything with sugar or fat...anything that I feel would not be a healthy option. Then, I will come home and eat until I feel sick. I will then look in the mirror numerous times to see the bloatedness of my stomach. I then drink laxative teas, miralax, take laxative pills, or sometimes use an enema to empty the bloatedness (sometimes i just go to bed miserable and plan to work it off the next day). I work out A LOT with biking, running, strength classes, and any activity I can take part in. I know i've gained weight and I want to lose it...I've tried to make myself vomit but was unsuccessful, i tried lots and lots of diets and always revert to eating more...i'm embarassed and am ashamed of what i look like im 5'6 and 143 lbs. i was 129 lbs in january... i need to get back to a body and lifestlye i am content with. i also know a lot about nutrition and about fitness but i cant do what i know.... HELP!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/08/15, 09:20 AM
Welcome to freetrainers sscaffidi12. There is probably an underlying emotional reason why you are experiencing the disorders you might have.
Although I am no expert, I would suggest finding help through a local organization or a doctor.
You must help yourself because what you are doing is not healthy as you already know, otherwise you wouldn't have posted here..
You state you know how to eat healthy, try finding someone to encourage to go the gym with you and eat healthy with you,, by teaching them how to eat and exercise. Just my thoughts.
Good luck to you, and only uou can make it happen. Go for it.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)