Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

How do I lose belly fat and gain mass.

dmgoodpa
dmgoodpa
United States
2009/04/19, 10:12 PM
Hello all,
This is my first post to the forums. I'm 29, male, 135 lbs, 5'6". I need advice on how I should go about exercising. I would like to gain about 15 lbs by around august. However, I have a small amount of belly fat that I would like to get rid of too. It's not too much and I know I could lose it if I started doing cardio. I used to be a distance runner and had the body of a distance runner, a very low amount of body fat, accompanied by a very healthy slow-twitch musculature. Does anybody know how to strike the balance between gaining weight and losing fat? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
2009/04/28, 12:45 AM
People new to lifting/fitness can often put on muscle and lose fat at the same time. FOR A SHORT TIME. After a while, you have to go through the cycle of putting on muscle with a bit of fat while eating and lifting to gain muscle. Then you change your diet and exercise routine to cut your fat intake and increase reps and cardio to keep the muscle you've gained and trim the fat. This is a really loose description.

Basically, low reps/heavy weight combined with extra food will pack on muscle

Lower weight combined with higher reps and a caloric reduction will cut the fat off.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie