Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Football?

garrettpf
garrettpf
United States
2009/03/28, 12:01 PM
So with the end of my current school year (9th grade) comming up, i was starting to think about a fall sport to do next year at my school, and i've always wanted to play football, but im a little reluctant and nervous about if its something i should do. As a freshman (age 14) I,
- am 5'5.5" and 135 lbs.
- run a 5-flat 40, so im not very fast, but i have training equipment availible from my coach to help stride length, freqency, etc.
- bench 120
- squat 135
- i dont know if this means anything, but i have a 145 lat pulldown, so id say i have a strong back.

i dont work out that much strength-wise, since my sports i have played are a lot of weight room things, but i need some guidance on what position i should play, should i decide to play football, or if there is a better area for my skills. Thanks for any help.
maverick1992
maverick1992
United States
2009/04/30, 07:53 AM
I used to play Quarterback. But it's really up to you.

Do you wanna play defense or offense?

Are you about the same height as a lot of the guys?

Do you like to hit or take hits?

Do you want all the glory or share it with teammates?

For your height and weight I recommend playing safety, corner, runningback (careful here your height can be a big factor for coaches), or maybe even quarterback (if you throw the ball well/can see over the line)

Hope this helps :D
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2009/04/30, 04:12 PM
Your coach will help you pick a posistion that will best suit you and the team...

My advice start eating ALOT.

--------------
\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\"

cjb18
cjb18
United States
2009/05/29, 12:23 PM
man i used to play DT, you have time to build your body up, i would put you at a cornerback or safety position. work on your speed and agility if your are faster than your opponent you are much more likely to beat them in any contest.