Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Working midnights, eat normally?

SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/12/15, 05:45 PM
Eat normal meaning in your waking hours, if you work night through the morning that's when you need to eat not in your sleeping hours but there is nothing wrong with a proper pre bed meal or snack.

This is what makes the most sense to me is to eat a breakfast when you wake up no matter what time it is then move the day forward with snacks and lunch to dinner and etc.

You do not have to eat 5 to 6 meals a day to lose weight you just need to eat proper.

Let the weight lose take it's time slowly.

2 of the best here on diet are BB1Fit and asimmer as they are bodybuilders and know how to burn and cut fat off!

BB1fit also has spent years working them hours at one time in his life so he's a good choice to pick brain on.

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!

My Log http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Message.jsp?f_ix=15&t_ix=1609

Squat 260x4
Deadlift 340x1
Bench 260x2
eric_chambers
eric_chambers
United States
2008/12/15, 04:52 PM
Hi all.

Working midnights (1030-0700) 3-4 times per week. Should I eat normally? Meaning that when I get home from work, should I eat breakfast, then set my alarm for a couple hours later and eat a snack. Go back to bed and wake up for lunch........ok I think you guys get the point. I am really trying to get myself on a schedule of eating right and eating the right foods. I will also be supplementing with whey protein and hydroxycut. I at this point plan on eating 5 times a day. keeping a eating routine down is hard enough, let alone working midnights and doing it.

Any suggestions? Please keep them positive! :) :big_smile:

Thanks Eric
eric_chambers
eric_chambers
United States
2008/12/15, 04:54 PM
Forgot to add that I will be doing 3 days of cardio (30 minutes for each session) and 2 days of body workouts. My goal is to lose weight. I am 240 lbs 5'6". My goal is to lose 50lbs. If I can start to see some improvements, then of coarse more than 50lbs would be awesome.
eric_chambers
eric_chambers
United States
2008/12/18, 01:48 AM
Ok, so been thinking on this and need someone to tell me if I am on the right track. If I am not please tell me.

Breakfast: oatmeal with whey protein and possibly natural peanut butter mixed in and a hint of cinnamon.

Snack: approx 1 1/2 to 2 hours later. Grapes, apple, orange, protein shake

Lunch: Probably looking at turkey sandwiches or something along that line with some sort of vegetable like baby carrots and peanut butter.

Snack: approx 1 1/2 to 2 hours later. Protein Shake.

Dinner: Sensible dinner

Of coarse throw the intake of water in there and work out, been thinking about starting this P90X routine, I have seen a lot of great things about it.

So what do you think, will this be ok? From the Calculator on here I am suppose to have like 3400 calories a day. Let me know if you would add or take away from

Thanks

Eric
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/12/18, 02:37 AM
3400 Calories is high and more so to add weight not lose IMO.

The calculators here are off so try this site:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/nutrient_calculator.htm

Whey Protein Shakes IMO are a waste if unless Post Workout and at that I'm switching to a different protein source, I like Milk Protein Isolate as it keep you full much longer as Whey is used up in about 45 minutes and MPI takes hours.

I'm not a fan of P90X but I won't get into that again as it starts fights, it's a fad IMO.

BBifit1 always says to use a scale like this: your body weight x 12= diet and x 10 is a real low diet(to low to stay on for to long) and x 14 is around maintenance. For gaining weight x 16.

Now I may be off a tad on the scale and if so I will be corrected but it makes sense to me.

I went from 6 foot 235 pounds of out of shape to 176 but hated that weight and then decided to gain muscle and hold a current of 210.

210x10= 2100 calories which is way to low.

210x12= 2520 calories which is sound about correct to diet down on.

210x14= 2940 is maintenance which sound correct as they always say the average man should take in about 2700 calories per day and I got my body above it's average lol.

210x16= 3360 calories which sounds like it what make me gain and has so it must also be correct.

The scale is a ballpark figure!

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!

My Log http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Message.jsp?f_ix=15&t_ix=1609

Squat 260x4
Deadlift 340x1
Bench 260x2