Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Workout?

Stringmeup
Stringmeup
United States
2008/09/27, 01:47 PM
Hey is this a good work out

Bent Over Row:1 x 8
Standing Rows:1 x 8
Military Press:1 x 8
Good Mornings:1 x 8
Lunges:1 x 8 each side
Front Squat Push Press:1 x 8
Straight Leg Deadlift:1 x 8

Rest 60 then continue until you do this routine 5 times in a row

See I'm a wrestler and I was wondering if this would help me.... I tried it first time and right now my knees are sore my shoulder and back are sore so I wanted to get some comments on this thanks
Devinm
Devinm
United States
2008/09/27, 02:27 PM
sounds exausting... I would recommend a split routine. how come you don't have any exercises for chest or arms? I can help you but first I'm going to need to know how long you've been working out for and what your goal(s) are/is. Then i can introduce you to some programs that have worked for me.

--------------
Veni,Vidi,Vici.= I came, I saw, I conquered.- Ceasar
Stringmeup
Stringmeup
United States
2008/09/27, 02:52 PM
Well it is lol and this type of workout isn't for getting big and strong per say its more of getting my stamina up and making my heart rate return to a average level before the next round

but I've been working out for like a year now, but for some reason I just cant go past my limits when it comes to weight lifting and that makes me reall pissed off even though I'm taking pure creating with Protien before and after workouts. I'm trying to gain a lot more muscle and get bigger. But I also dont want to play like 50-100$ for a trainer i can work better on my own anyway if you could really help me that would be like great
Devinm
Devinm
United States
2008/09/27, 04:10 PM
i have never used a trainer and i dont recommed one for you. you can get all the knowledge you need online, in book and on this site. Getting bigger is all about nutrition, you can train like a pro but if you're not eating like one you won't gain a pound. To get your stamina up i think cardio would work best there is a certain kind, i believe its interval training or something like that that works better than regular cardio. Let me know how much you weigh than i can tell you how many calories to eat (carbs,protein,fat). Also, like i said a split routine would work much better than this. Maybe lookup "westside for skinny bastards".

--------------
Stringmeup
Stringmeup
United States
2008/09/27, 05:43 PM
Well I weigh 166 and I'm going to try the workouts u make on this site u think there good? And ya im goin to start running more lol I'm kinda lazy when it comes to running I'm naturally fast so I dunno:) but ya I'll check it out
2008/09/27, 08:44 PM
I highly recommend Ross Enamait's Infinite Intensity book to improve your anaerobic conditioning/strength as well as your overall aerobic conditioning.

That workout is pretty poor for your goals and will likely lead to overtraining.

I would split up your training based on movement patterns.

I would also split up your strength training from your conditioning.
Stringmeup
Stringmeup
United States
2008/09/28, 03:08 PM
So ur saying the workout that u customize urself on this site is poor wow thought they would work I mean this is a site for training prog but w/e anyways is that book something u can get at da library or u have to buy it? And does "westside for skinny bastards" really work?
Devinm
Devinm
United States
2008/09/28, 06:08 PM
yea the westside really works also, i agree that the plan on this site sucks.. you should take a look at what menace said though i've never heard of it but he is way more experienced than me.... anyway you should get at least 3320 calories per day thats 415g of carbs, 74g of fat, and 249g of protein. split this up evenly into about 4-6 meals(eat about every 3 hours. you might need more or less depending on your bodytype(ectomorph, mesomorph, or endomorph) and metabolism, just try the amount i said and check your results in like 3-4 weeks.

--------------
Stringmeup
Stringmeup
United States
2008/09/28, 09:52 PM
Aight ok will do lol
2008/09/30, 02:50 AM
www.rosstraining.com

he's very conditioning oriented

yes WSFSBI,II,III work well for many people.