Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Need a new workout, all help welcome.

jollydeath
jollydeath
United States
2008/07/07, 02:46 AM
So basically I've been working out for strength for the past 5 years, im 6'4 203lbs and currently rep 285 8 or so times on the bench, but starting next week I wont have access to a gym for at least 2 months and will be restricted to the equipment I have at home, a bench press and 2 dumb bells and a mere 140 pounds of weight (and the stupid bar for the bench is a mere 20 lbs) making for a max bench of 160 lbs. Leaving me with the problem of trying to at the very least retain what strength and size I have if not continue to improve. So basically not including suggestions such as buying more weight or more equpment is there anything I can do to train for strength with such light weights and limited equipment? Or am I just screwed? Anyways thanks for your time.
2008/07/10, 08:12 PM
i'd be more worried how u can squat, deadlift, push press, power clean, dip, etc..

If you're a true strength athlete 160 lb wont cut it...you need to get creative in adding weight...chains, bands, sand, water, etc..

You can try doing unilateral versions of exercises which will allow the weight to be more useful.
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/07/10, 08:25 PM
Maybe it's time to take a break and 2 weeks will be nice and you'll be fresh and stronger when you get back!

I always take 1 week off after 6 on and allot of people say taking 2 weeks might be good at times but I have only gone 1 off.

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!